30 April 2008

San Telmo's Graffitti Gallery: A Plaid Clad Fellow

Time for the latest installment in San Telmo's Graffiti Gallery!!!!
There is a heightened urgency to document my faves with photos because that smiley bird I introduced has been painted over!!  I am now acutely aware of my responsibility to immortalize good guerrilla art before it's too late.  These gems won't always be with us.

Yesterday I took advantage of a late cancellation of an early morning class and used my free time to walk down the San Telmo's historic streets. Yeah, it was 7 blocks out of my way, sure it was freezing (first day for the coat!), but duty was calling (not in that way).  For sentimental reasons, I took Chile- on which is located my old hostel home, Tercero del Sur, where I lived during my first month of apartment hunting.  Slowly sauntering along the cobblestones, I reveled in being so much more comfortable than when I first arrived; I'm free of the burdens of the Lonely Planet and street maps (usually).  While my mood was tan tranquila, I was hunting with a particular purpose: to snap this familiar face:

dig the plaid!

This guy's also staking out a fabulous location on his corner of Chile and Bolivar streets.  For sweet breakfast temptations, there's none better than Del Amanecer Panaderia.  At Chile 571, it's just a half block from our stylish friend.  Don't take my expatriate, rose-colored words for it, even Seba, my official native Buenos Aires opinion-giver agrees that this bakery is the bomb. After photo-taking, I treated myself to a buttery honey medialuna and coffee.  Yay for the occasional delinquent class-skipping students!  There's nothing better than old friends and sweet treats on cold mornings.

On a separate note, I know that what I'm about to write may cause to judge my musical tastes, but ever since Tonga gave us tons of music to download, I am completely Justified. It's changed my life.

1 comment:

Seba said...

Hey..your blogs are funny!

As your official native opinion-giver
i will not only ratify your state, but im going to encourage you to try the well known Perssico's Ice-Cream.

So from now on,'till the end of time the doors of my home are open to you to enjoy a
movie-icecream(perssico)-night anytime. Of course, as long as u dont have "citas" or dancing night. Otherwise Leah,you and Arjun are more than welcome to my humble house.